Unforgettable stories and emotional brand worlds
Rational relevance and emotional added value
For online retailers, there is no doubt that only high-quality products are in stock and unique services are in the store's repertoire. However, what is obvious to entrepreneurs must also be communicated to the target group. Many similar offers on the market make the USP disappear. Information in the online store and a flawless product are assumed.
For this reason, brands need to communicate emotional added value in order to stand out from the crowd. This is where strategic storytelling comes into play as a marketing tool:
Strategic Storytelling ...
... is designed to be long-term and sustainable.
... arouses the interest of customers and generates emotions.
... enables the (re)positioning of a brand.
... supports the company's goals and has a positive impact on the brand image.
... is oriented towards the interests, wishes and problems of the target group.
... is authentic.
Become a lasting memory
People love stories that are not about numbers, facts or products, but about the people themselves. That's why they help people identify with the brand. They provide inspiration and courage and motivate action. Good stories are not only entertaining, but also meaningful. As a result, they stay in people's minds, are readily retold, and are shared via social media, for example.
The big challenge now is: How are emotional stories told?
- Corporate Story: Themes are defined from an overarching story, from which small individual stories emerge that are used in internal and external communications as well as in press and public relations.
- Visual leitmotif: Messages are conveyed through metaphors and figurative language that follow a visual leitmotif.
- Content marketing: In addition to the online store, a blog and social media channels help to underscore products with stories. Product texts, appealing product photography and imagery help to emotionalize the brand and create an unforgettable shopping experience.
- Multimedia use: The essence of the story must remain tellable across different media and is prepared according to the chosen platform.
- Formulate visions: Any kind of communication should not dwell on the past, but focus on goals and visions.
- Create excitement: Innovative ideas bring a breath of fresh air, so that customers are not bored but positively surprised and recognize themselves in the stories.
Storytelling is about showing courage and letting people become heroes with their stories. When you look at the brand as a human-like being, strategic storytelling is like a way of life. Positive experiences and memories make a brand unforgettable for people. Stories make the brand approachable and tangible. Let's make sure it becomes immortal.
Web store design
To retain website visitors or customers in the long term, familiar preferences must not be disregarded. One usability orgasm follows the next, but the user doesn't feel secure? To prevent this, the wheel doesn't have to be completely reinvented. There are certain conventions such as reading direction, page layout and familiar icons that users are familiar with because they have "grown up" with them. The floppy disk as an icon for saving, for example, is common and is still used, even though it has long been outdated. Instead of being a trivial accessory, graphics support or explain the function and follow the goal of the web page.
For the stories to take shape, a visual leitmotif is needed that is reflected wherever communication takes place. Put an end to boring facts and interchangeable product information in online stores. Find out all the useful tips for successful webshop design in our checklist.